To use IKARUS anti.virus on your computer, you must install the software and enter your licence key.
Important note: To use IKARUS anti.virus in the cloud, the programme version with management-portal, you will find all the information you need to get started here.
- Download the appropriate IKARUS anti.virus set up file via the corresponding buttons.
- Save the file on your device and then open it. Unless otherwise stated, you will find the file in your download folder. You can also search for it under the name SetupProjectVirusUtilities.
Tip: You can check which version of Windows (32-bit or 64-bit) you are using under System Information (under Start > Settings > Device Specifications > System or by entering System Information in the Windows search field).
- To run IKARUS anti.virus on your computer, you need a valid licence key. It will be sent to the e-mail address you provided after you have placed your order. (Link zur mail Bestellung einfügen)
- Double-click your licence key if you are asked for it during the software installation or if IKARUS anti.virus is already installed on your computer. You can also insert the licence key manually via the IKARUS anti.virus menu (Help > Licence file or Activation code).
- Double-click on the IKARUS anti.virus setup file to start the installation process. Follow the steps of the installation wizard.
- After successful installation, you can open IKARUS anti.virus via the icon on your desktop or the icon in your Windows start bar.
Updates and system check
- After the initial installation, check whether updates are available. To do this, open the Updates tab in the IKARUS anti.virus menu and click on Update now in the bottom left-hand corner.
- Then perform an initial scan of your system by clicking on the Scan tab in the IKARUS anti. virus menu. There you can start a scan of your choice.
We recommend that you now create a weekly scan profile that automatically scans the areas you have defined for viruses and malware on a regular basis. To do this, select a time when your computer is normally switched on.
If the system is inactive at the scheduled scan, a scan cannot be performed. Missed scans are not automatically retrieved. Start the scan manually at the next possible time via the Scan menu and the Scan now button.